Friday, July 23, 2010

Further along the exploration

     This week I was required to identify the 9 common topics for action research in school settings, reflect on video interviews discussing action research and come up with three topics of my own for action research and discuss with my site supervisr which topic would be the most beneficial and feasable for my campus. 
     Identifying the 9 common topics was very informative and helped me start to think about how to break down ideas into categories so they are easier to interpret.  The interviews were also quite helpful because I could literaly see action reasearch in action.  They discussed how effective the action research was and how it had helped each of their situations.  The most interesting to me though (and ironic because it is supposed to be more interesting; that's the whole point!) was develping my own topics for action research and conducting an email dialog with my principal about those topics.  I found her insight to be quite helpful and an interesting perspective because she has primarily worked in a reform type setting.  She made some interesting points that I had not considered and I look forward to talking with her again about my plan.  Which, by the way, is In what ways can I contribute to increasing parent involvement on my high school campus?

No comments:

Post a Comment